View a PDF of my resume.
Virginia Commonwealth University | Aug. 2011- May 2015
- B.S., summa cum laude, Mass Communications: Print/Online Journalism; B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science: Politics and Government; Spanish minor
Research Assistant | Richmond, Va.
Jul. 2016 – Present
Jul. 2016 – Present
- Create a daily news brief for the Propane Education & Research Council, a nonprofit trade organization that provides resources to smaller propane businesses and state propane associations. The news brief reaches over 5,000 subscribers from small businesses and state associations and includes the following information: market intelligence, research and development, safety and training, PERC news and marketing and sales.
- Research and catalog alternative fuel, propane and energy news on the Synoptos Blue Site cataloging system.
- Closely follow client and company style guides and news preferences to ensure brand consistency.
New Virginia Majority
Apr. 2016 – Present | Richmond, Va.
- Network and interact with the citizens of Richmond to answer their questions about voting procedures while also registering them to vote in the 2016 presidential election.
- Subject matter expert on restoration of rights, photo identifications and voting procedures. Field questions on these topics to ensure that citizens have the information that they need to vote in the election.
- Create databases in Microsoft Excel; produced presentation with Microsoft PowerPoint for class taught by President of company.
My Medicare Planner
Jul 2015 – Apr. 2016 | Richmond, Va.
- Produced a weekly newsletter using Mailchimp for 280 clients and professionals in senior citizen-related fields.
- Created and implemented the company’s social media strategy that was aimed at reaching, as well as building, the network of engaged senior citizens and professionals in senior citizen-related fields. The strategy utilized platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Re-designed and maintained the My Medicare Planner official website, which contained Medicare resources as well as newsletter archives for both current and potential clients.
- Developed databases in Microsoft Excel to track newsletter statistics, Annual Enrollment Period client appointments and Medicare plans, and client information.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
Virginia Commonwealth University
Aug. 2014 – Dec. 2014 | Richmond, Va.
- Work collaboratively with two Teaching Assistants and Professor during weekly meetings, to grade tests and discussions and plan the trajectory of the Mass Communications 101 and create and structure assignments.
- Research and create lectures for the students as a part of our “Media in the News” series, and plan and host study sessions in preparation for exams.
- Monitor our class Facebook page and Twitter hashtag, and use Google Suite and Blackboard, the platform for the online class.
June 2014-Aug. 2014 | Richmond, Va.
- Composed articles and op-eds on LGBT issues, blogs, e-newsletters and press releases.
- Utilized WordPress and Salsa to contact and relay information and resources to supporters the LGBT community.
- Created in-depth, multi-category spreadsheets to track General Assembly committee information and Salsa email statistics.
Terry McAuliffe for Governor Campaign
July 2013- Nov. 2013 | Richmond, Va.
- Recruited and trained new interns as well as campaign volunteers.
- Managed all volunteers and interns who participated in canvassing during the final weekends of the campaign.
Public Relations Coordinator
May 2013- Aug. 2013 | Richmond, Va.
- Produced a weekly newsletter for Strange Matter, a concert venue, bar and restaurant, using MailChimp.
- Ensured that the venue had an exceptional social media reach with potential patrons by updating the Facebook and Twitter pages daily.
- Designed and distributed flyers to local restaurants, shops and businesses in order to advertise exciting upcoming events.
Office of Senator Emmett Hanger
Jan. 2013-Mar. 2013 | Richmond, Va.
- Performed clerical duties, filed and organized bills, and handled communication with constituents via email, mail and telephone.
- Updated and maintained Excel spreadsheets with constituent and media contact information.
- Attended meetings, committee hearings and senate session hearings as an assistant to Senator Hanger’s Legislative Aid.
Harrison and Johnston, PLC
June 2012- Aug. 2012 | Richmond, Va.
- Performed administrative tasks such as answering phones, resolving questions of clients and the public, and running errands for the firm.
- Assisted attorneys and secretaries with filing, billing, and organizing and recording information.
- Attended depositions as an assistant to attorneys.